Looking for corporate English courses for international teams?
Whether you are a small or big business, we can help by basing lessons on learning needs. We tailor our courses depending on your sector so this may range from engineering, sales, project management, marketing, human resources through to university student support.
There are two types of courses:
Which competencies do we cover in our Corporate English Courses?
Email reporting and writing
Our corporate English courses can provide guidance and build confidence by focusing on:
- Format – paragraphing, style and typical features
- Appropriate vocabulary – formal and context-specific words
- Adjusting emails for different types of readers – from workmates to managers
- Give ongoing advice on work emails, checking and suggesting changes if necessary.
However high your English level is, having someone to suggest improvements in language and technique can be essential:
- Clear delivery – making sure sentence rhythm, individual sounds and speed are all appropriate for the listener
- Organization of information – having a clear structure and progression of ideas
- Production of slides – making them easily digestible for the listener
- Useful language for clarity – how to start the different stages of a presentation
- Presenting data – being selective and clear
- Body language – connecting with the listeners
- Giving ongoing support when developing work presentations
Dealing with meetings
Understanding how to be an effective communicator in English can lead to greater success. Our corporate English courses can help with:
- Etiquette – introductions, positive body language, understanding cultural differences
- Listening – active listening phrases, sounding interested
- Smalltalk – initiating and extending exchanges, appropriate phrases and topic.
- Business vocabulary – industry-related language, idiomatic expressions, phrasal verbs
- Other contexts – professional email writing, telephone skills, using social media
Advice and correction can make a huge difference to clarity and confidence
- Diagnostic test to identify difficulties with individual English sounds
- Working on sentence stress to improve clarity in meetings and presentations
- Focusing on intonation to express emotions such as surprise and politeness
Having a safe environment to try out communication strategies and new language can improve performance
- Communication language – for giving opinions, responding, politely interrupting and seeking clarification in appropriate ways
- Meetings language – typical expressions and vocabulary
- Listening skills development – using recordings of meetings to boost understanding
Questions and corrections
When learning a language it is important to have a space where you can ask questions and makes mistakes. Our courses provide this opportunity by offering:
- Contact between lessons
- A non-judgemental where students can ask questions and make mistakes.
- Additional homework to support in any areas that require improvement