Phrasal Verbs and definitions
Match a phrasal verb in Box A with one in Box B
Put off Put up Put up with Take up Take over Take in
Give accommodation Tolerate Postpone Take Control Absorb information
Start a hobby
Now put your answer below
1 Put off – postpone 4 _____________________________________
2 __________________________________ 5 _____________________________________
3 __________________________________ 6 _____________________________________
Now complete the sentences below with the correct phrasal verb from above
1. They __________ the meeting until next week.
2. I cannot ________ my noisy neighbours any longer.
3. If you come to Bristol, I can ___________ at my house.
4. I’ve decided to ________ tennis.
5. A German company ______ us ______ last year.
6. There are too many details to _________.
Put off – postpone
Put up – give accommodation
Put up with – tolerate
Take up –take control
Take over – absorb information
Take in – start a hobby
They put off the meeting until next week.
I cannot put up with my noisy neighbours any longer.
If you come to Bristol, I can put you up at my house.
I’ve decided to take up tennis.
A German company took us over last year.
There are too many details to take in.
07906 611 964